Contract Title: Management Studies of Mohammadabad River
Contract period: one month
Client: Golestan Regional Water Company
Protection of riverbed against erosion factors and management of sand extraction include the construction of transverse and longitudinal structures, as well as improvement of path and vegetation measures. In general, these measures facilitate the exploitation of the river and adjacent lands. The design of a river organization system can usually be planned based on the issues of each river.
In this project, periodic conditions of the Mohammadabad Katoul river were studied. Due to the erosion of the river and human interventions, the riverbed has changed sharply. The gas line passing through this river is no exception, so we are witnessing changes. In recent floods, the river wall has been destroyed. Therefore, the necessary plans were proposed to protect the river, gas and water lines, and electricity pylons.
The high amount of sand extraction from the bottom of the river caused a not stable river slope.
Therefore, the purpose of these studies is to stabilize the riverbed, creating a stable and equilibrium slope, and improve the flow in the Mohammadabad Katoul River.
The study area is located in the western part of Aliabad, Golestan. MohammadAbad Katoul is one of the tributaries of the Gorganroud river, which is investigated a sector of the river in this report.
Hydraulic design based on reliable rules and standards are as follows:
– Investigating and scrutinizing the location of structures and design components
– Investigating and scrutinizing the hydraulic calculations
– Determining the dimensions and geometric characteristics of the design components at an appropriate scale
– Preparation of required maps including location and sections at an appropriate scale
– Structural design of each component and performing calculations
-Preparing and presenting reports and executive plans